Non-profit Exposures And Aspects
Non-profits have exposures and aspects to them that for-profit corporations usually don’t. For example:
- Non-profits often have volunteers, which introduces special exposures that must be addressed in various policies. (CGL, Umbrella, Volunteer AD&D, Special non-owned auto, Volunteer personal effects, Non-owned aircraft, Crime, D&O E&O)
- D&O coverage is written on a special form which gives entity, employee and volunteer coverage as well as coverage for directors and officers. It also covers E&O. It can sometime be issued on a form incorporating Employment Practices Liability.
- Crime policies need to be extended to include volunteers as employees.
- Volunteers that drive on the organization’s business need an automatic increase in their auto liability coverage to bring the limit up to an acceptable minimum level.
- Group accident insurance should be arranged to cover all volunteers whilst on the organization’s business.
- Trans Canada Insurance Marketing Inc.
- Voluntary Sector Forum
- Volunteering & Non-Profit Careers: – A full list of non-profit job seeking resources – Where and how to network to open non-profit doors – Must-have information for volunteering internationally.
NEXT SUBJECT > < PREVIOUS SUBJECT