The elimination or reduction of hazards to prevent accidents and injuries.
The application of knowledge regarding human abilities and behavior to the design of tools, machines, systems, and working environments to ensure safety, comfort, and efficiency.
A condition or situation that creates or increases the probability or extent of a loss from a peril, such as unsafe or unclean conditions, cheap or flammable building materials, etc.
Job safety analysis
The study of a job and its component parts to determine the hazards connected with it and the requirements or qualifications of those who perform it. This includes identifying hazards or potential accidents associated with each task and recommending measures to eliminate or prevent them.
A systematic study and inspection of an organization’s operations to identify existing and potential hazards and recommend actions to reduce or eliminate the hazards.
- American Industrial Hygiene Association
- AlertDriving.com – on-line traffic safety training.
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
- Safety Online
- Seton – Worldwide Safety and Identification Solutions
- Underwriters Laboratories Inc.
NEXT SUBJECT > < PREVIOUS SUBJECT