Equipment Breakdown Insurance
Equipment Breakdown insurance through binding authorities and through open market placements.
- HSB BI&I
- Royal & Sun Alliance Canada
Binding Authority (HSB BI&I) / (AVIVA)
We are able to bind the following classes of business subject to rating as indicated:
- Commercial and Business Offices
- Funeral Homes
- Office Buildings
- Repair Firms
- Retail Stores
- Shopping and Industrial Malls
- and other similar small commercial business
The following classes must be submitted by us to insurers for approval prior to our binding (including all classes not mention in the left hand column:
- All Manufacturing, processing and cold storage risks
- Art Galleries
- Convenience Stores
- Dry Cleaners
- Fish stores
- Meat stores
- Medical or dental office or clinics
- Recreation (golf courses, waterslides, arenas etc.)
- Risks where Electronic Equipment values are more than $100,000
- Risks where more than one loss in past three years
- Ski Resorts
For our binding authority, the total rating value at each location must be less than:
- $5,000,000 Buildings and Contents (excluding inventory)
- $400,000 contents (excluding inventory) for tenants.
- For Buildings and contents, the rating value must equal 80-% of building replacement value plus 80% of total contents value excluding inventory, as reported by the insured. For Tenants, the rating value must equal 80% of the Total contents value excluding inventory, as reported by the Insured.
- The rates are based on $500 combined deductible. Options are available, if desired, by using the appropriate deductible factor
COMPUTER DATA OPTION
Coverage for computer data may be added to a specific limit. For a limit of $25,000 the rate is .25cents per $100. For limits in excess of $10,000, please complete the reverse side of the application. For limits in excess of $25,000 we need to refer to insurers application forms. For additional background on these products refer to the Library section of this site.